fredag 14. august 2015

Starting day 6 - getting closer to the finish line

Today I have started on working on the quest chain system. When one quest is finished, it should trigger the next one. I'm opting for an in-game quest dialog instead of cutscenes, as it creates better immersion.

Adding dialogs on top of the game screen has its own problems that gave me some problems. Should input be routed to the table for selecting buttons or should the player still be able to control the player? I went for the first option, but now I then have to disable player control during showing of the table, killing some of the immersion I had imagined. Oh well...

The list of TODO's are getting shorter, I have to finish the tutorial section and do a LOT of tweaking to get a playable game, but I'm getting there!